10.07.2009

before and after

this is not my kitchen...
just one from DIY that i plan on using for inspiration for my very small kitchen redo budget...
do any of you get DIY magazine? i love it. whenever i go to sams or costco i splurge and buy one, i guess i could just get a subscription because i have almost every issue of the last 2 years. ( hint hint family!) anyhow they also have a website here. there are many easy and affordable ideas to be found. i have this particular kitchen redo dogeared in my magazine. the kitchen layout and the cabinets and everything are very similar to my very own kitchen.

Here's the problem... is it too much to paint the cabinets black and white? i have always wanted creamy white cabinets but seeing the black and white together makes me rethink my all white cabinets. should i go for it and paint both colors or should i just paint them white and get a black hutch or something?

7 comments:

R3 Method Show said...

Are you kidding me? WOW

Brittany@Love Stitched said...

Thanks for entering our contest! winner will be announced on the 9th check back then to see if you have won...want to double your chance of winning BLOG about our contest and enter again!

Pedaling said...

i like the interest of the the black with the white.

Kem said...

I say go for it mama, I love the blue contrast and pretty much all of it

Brittany@Love Stitched said...

congrats you won!! please email me at HANDSTITCHEDWITHLOVE@GMAIL.COM
and let me know which design you would like on the toddler tshirt!!

Cricket said...

How about a dark chocolate with the aqua and creamy white? That kitchen is to die for. I might have to run out and get this month's DIY.

Megan @ Megity's Handmade said...

I heart DIY magazine. I have a subscription. I think the deal I got was $20 for two years. Anywho....yes, paint the two tone! Do it now and then you can enjoy it while you can! I don't think I'll ever get the guts to paint my cabs. They are alder so they are supposed to be nice, right?