7.09.2010


 have you heard of ombre hair?

 i hadn't until yesterday when i was blog hopping and was lead to the blog hairdresser on fire. which is  a great hair blog... ombre is  basically having multi shade hair color. apparently it was inspired by children's hair color after playing out in the sun all summer. all i can say is i looooove it. i especially love the second hair color and dare i say it... sarah jessica parkers (ughh never been a fan of hers) i spent a bit of time looking at different hair blogs. it seems to be a divided trend. some people love the look, others think it looks to grungy.
what do you think? do you like it? any hairdressers out there with some tips?

6 comments:

Melissa at Perry Jayne said...

Cool because that's what my hair ends up looking like when I wait too long to get my highlights done. LOL. Now I can be in style. :)

Amy Bateman said...

I love this look, but I think my hair is too short to pull it off. Oh, how I miss my long hair sometimes. You would look like one hot mama ...

Pedaling said...

I've heard of it, just didn't know that's what it was called.
It kinda looks like it needs to be colored for richness to me---but, then I'm so out of what's "in" these days...so, it's probably good and will most likely grow on me.

I really like that hair site...one of the best I've seen.
so, thanks for the heads up!

Krista said...

love that second look too. i wanna take it to a hairdresser and get it done right now. i almost think just use a lightener and paint it...it will naturally kinda bleed up wouldn't it? like the girl said it looks like her hair when she needs to get it highlighted again. when you highlight it, it's a pretty defined paint job..the root and down. anyway, this is too long. sorry. love it

Anonymous said...

i really like that look. i wonder if it's hard to achieve a soft tonal change though? i'd be so scared i'd end up with a hard line between shades lol!

Valerie said...

Forget the color, how do all of the girls get the perfect curls? And BTW, I tried the swirly hair pins long ago and they just weren't enough for my unusually thick, long hair. Maybe if I got four it would be better.