2.08.2011

my review:: suave dry shampoo

i have bangs and exercise every day but only wash my hair every other day( is that gross? i have three kids and not a ton of time to do my hair, you do what you can right??) what does that mean for my hair? nasty, greasy bangs thats what. i have heard about dry shampoo for a few years but never really saw them at an affordable price.

last year i found some dry shampoo called batiste. it was on sale for around $6 so i decided to give it a try. you spray your roots, rub it in really well and then comb it through. i really like it. the only drawback is that it is sort of stinky. like grandma perfume stinky ( none of my grandma's wear stinky perfume but that is what it reminds me of) i get the pink one and i guess the one in the blue can is better.

i have also tried TRESemme. and i was not that impressed. it smelled good but left my hair a weird texture. a few weeks ago i saw on facebook that suave was coming out with a dry shampoo. i have been on the lookout ever since. and i finally found it at walmart yesterday!!

my review-

pros::
smells awesome. it has a light,citrus smell that smelled really fresh.
under $3!
left my hair feeling completely refreshed. added great volume and texture
easy to find
doesn't leave a white film in my dark hair like other dry shampoos do

cons::
i had to use a little bit more than my bastiste to get the same effect, but the smell was so much better it was worth it.

has anyone else tried it? what did you think?

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Haven't tried it but I am going to need some now!
I always though dry shampoo was some super expensive ultra secret salon product! YAY Suave!

Erica said...

I have used the Tresemme one and like you said, it's okay, but has a weird texture! I will try this one next! Thank for the info :)

sara said...

OK, you are seriously impacting my pocketbook, Lady!!! After reading your post about Jillian, I ordered 3 of her DVD's. I only made it through 15 minutes of the ab workout yesterday (the day they arrived) because my kiddo's were wildly uncooperative. But today I am sore--after just those 15 minutes. Awesome.

And I JUST bought my first teeny tiny bottle of dry shampoo over the weekend because I too, kept hearing about how essential this product was. I paid way too much but really like the result (I bought the Big Sexy Hair version). The smell of that one leaves something to be desired so I will definitely be on the lookout for Suave's version.

Thank you for keeping me up to date on all the cool must have's out there! ;)

Preppy Mama said...

I am definitely going to try this one. I have used the batiste and the TRESemme. I thought I was the only one who didn't like either of them. The TRESemme one made my hair feel knotted and sticky. Thanks for the tip!

Rachelle said...

Which Walmart did you purchase this at? I've had a hard time finding it.